The terms and condition constitutes a legal agreement between the entity named overleaf "the client” and "Majority World” (Majority World CIC, 05950209).
"Images” are defined as being any digital or analogue item which may be supplied for reproduction.
"Photographer” is defined as being any artist that has contributed images for syndication on an exclusive or non-exclusive basis on our website at www.majorityworld.com .
1. Images supplied by Majority World are for consideration only and are detailed on the accompanying delivery note. No reproduction rights are granted or should be assumed by virtue of delivery.
Grant of Rights
2. Upon receipt of full payment, Majority World and its Contributors shall licence to the client one time only exclusive rights to reproduce the images(s) in accordance with the terms outlined in the licence agreement.
Reservation of Rights
3. All rights not expressly granted are reserved to the photographer and Majority World.
4. Without limiting the foregoing, no advertising or promotional usage whatsoever may be made of any Images unless such use has been agreed with Majority World and those rights are detailed in the Licence Agreement.
5. Limitations of usage outlined in the Licence Agreement may include, but are not limited to: size, placement, territory and print-run.
Model / Property Release
6. Client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Majority World and it’s Contributors against any and all claims, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising when no Model or Property Release has been provided to the client by Majority World or when the uses exceed the uses pursuant to such a release.
7. Client must not transfer, sub-licence or otherwise assign rights granted to any third party without the express written permission of Majority World.
8. A credit of Photographer/Agency/Majority World should appear adjacent to any image reproduced unless otherwise agreed to by both parties.
9. Any use made of the images other than those laid out in the terms of the licence agreement will constitute an unauthorised use and an infringement of copyright. Majority World will pursue any such infringements of our copyright with appropriate legal action against the client.
10. Our failure to exercise or enforce any of our rights will not be deemed a waiver of such right or preclude future enforecement.
Alteration, Proper and Improper Use
11. Clients agree that no Photograph or part of any Photograph may be used for any defamatory, unlawful, obscene or pornographic use. If an image containing a person is used in a derogatory, unflattering or controversial manner, or is used to imply endorsement, use of, or connection to a service or product, the Buyer must print a statement that the model is used for illustrative use only.
12. Clients shall not make any alterations, additions, or deletions to the Photographs, including, but not limited to, the making of derivative or composite images by the use of computers or any other means, without the express, written consent of the Photographer. This prohibition shall include processes not presently in existence but which may come into being in the future. Copyright for such altered Photograph remains the sole property of the Author.
13. Payment is due in full within 30 days or receipt of invoices sent to the client either in hard copy or by pdf or other electronic document.
The Whole Agreement
14. This agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto, their heirs, successors, assignees and personal representatives. This agreement constitutes the full understanding between the parties hereto. Its terms may only be modified by written agreement signed by both parties. A waiver of a breach of any of the provisions of this agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or provisions thereof.
15. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
16. Client and Majority World agree to submit any or all disputes by a process of mediation.